Wednesday, September 14, 2011


 What's Up and Coming 

Look for me in the City of San Clemente's Logo and Art Contest in the San Clemente Art Gallery on Del Mar from Sept 18 thru Oct 27th. I have 5 paintings to share with you, oils and pastels.

I'm exhibiting at the Fallbrook Library as one of the Award Winners from the past juried art show where I won 3 ribbons. View until Oct 22nd.

Oct 3-9th I'll be up in San Luis Obispo painting and exhibiting in the San Luis Obispo Art Museum's Plein Air Event.

Tenative painting workshop date Nov 5th in Westminster at the Art SupplyWarehouse. Were working out details. Check back.

ART BLOG-  Last Saturday I actually went out painting at the marina in San Diego with the California Art Club. It was a wonderful day with a great group of painters. Can't wait to do it again. Heres what I did.  I liked the green fishing boat to the right but wanted the sky line of buildings in the back.  I felt that the white fishing "yacht" as the locals refered to it, made for a better compostion. The dark windows would help to anchor it as a focal point.  I decided to include both boats, using the green boat in back to direct  attention back into the picture . The contrasting themes of earning a living at  sea verses in a concrete jungle inspired me.

A Reminder, nows the time to sign up for my ARTCRUISE WORKSHOP in Jan! Go to the Eastern Caribbean with me on Princess Jan 29-Feb 4th. For more info  go to my website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment